Sunday, May 20, 2012

Five Spice Powder

Five Spice Powder
Recently I've been reading about something called "Five Spice Powder" also known as "Asian Five Spice" or "Chinese Five Spice"  ...

I wanted to try cooking with it , but I had a devil of a time finding it in any local grocery stores ...

I finally found some in a local Korean grocery store, and tried it in my Chicken Chili this weekend ...

I just sprinkled it on the Chicken a few minutes before tossing it in to cook.

WOW! It really gave the Chili a fantastic flavor!  And what a great smell!  I'm going to be trying this in some other recipes soon!

It comes in several different brands, but may be difficult to find.
Ingredients in Five Spice Powder include Cinnamon, Star Anise, Fennel, Ginger and Cloves. There are several variations and different brands may have a slightly different set of ingredients.

If all else fails you can find it at Amazon.com ... search for "Five Spice" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment