Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tito Jorge's Chili Verde


This Chili is easy to prepare and oh so good! ... Give it a try!


Ingredients:

1 pound ground Beef
1 pound Pork (cut into cubes)
1 can (15oz) Navy Beans
1 can (15oz) Black Beans
1 Onion (diced)
3 cloves Garlic (diced)
3 large Anaheim peppers (diced)
1 large Jalapino pepper (diced)
1/4 cup Tomatillo sauce (can use fresh Tomatillos if you can find them)
2 tablespoons all purpose flour (I use Wondra)


I make this in my 14" Cast Iron wok ... but you can use a Dutch oven or large pot ...

Brown the meat and add Onion and garlic - cook until the onions are translucent.
Sprinkle in all purpose flour to make a rue (you may need more or less - I just sprinkle it in until it "looks right").

Add the Navy Beans undrained.
Drain and rinse the Black Beans then add them too.

Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat, cover and simmer on "low" for 2 hours.

NOTE: You can add more Jalapino Peppers or use none at all ... its up to you!

I'd go easy on the heat myself - but thats just me.

You're the Boss of your own Chili.



1 comment:

  1. I will be trying this on my Weber Wok this Autumn when the weather gets cooler, and we have those chilly nights… It'll be perfect!

    ReplyDelete